Would you go and see a Doctor to sort out your body who had only done a weekend's worth of education? What's the difference here?
I am about to reveal the truth behind fat loss and hopefully put myself and all these other companies out of business. THERE IS NO SECRET FORMULA!
To lose fat you need to eat the right amount of real food, with the right amount of movement and exercise!
The Biggest Mistake people make with Detoxes
As i will explain in this blog, the effects of the detox are only prolonged or maintained if healthy behaviour continues after the detox. Most people do a detox and then hammer their body with rubbish again, put the inches back on and then look to another detox or product to help! A vicious circle that damages both your body and your wallet! (The detox that we offer here is homemade and costs approximately £10 for the food you are going to use)
In my practical experience doing a detox helps you lose inches around your tummy, waist and hips over the three days. But here's the magic, continuing a healthy lifestyle AFTER the detox and you seen EVEN MORE results. Failing to establish the healthy habits beforehand though means most people after the detox are craving so many things they then binge for 2-3 days even more and therefore LOSE all the benefits!
So does a Detox actually work?
Let me tell you first a little about toxins. Toxins are substances that shouldn't be in our bodies and are literally everywhere.
- In the food we eat and water we drink from our taps, including soy, 'diet' foods/drinks, and non-organic fruit and veg
- In the sprays and creams we use on our body
- In the air we breathe outside
- In the plastics we store stuff in
- In the cleaning products we use at home
All of the chemicals have to be detoxed by the body, in particular the liver. The liver is the bodies natural detox. And it is overworked. You know the feeling you get when your tired caused your working too much, you snap easily, you have no energy, your productivity goes down. Well that's how your poor liver feels. Or think of it like trying to vacuum the carpet when your hoover is full, it doesn't work and starts to spit it back out all over your room! The cure? Not buy a new hoover but simply empty it!
When your liver is bogged down it can't process enough of the chemicals out fast enough. These chemicals then start to disrupt your normal hormone function. You have many hormones that literally control your body and keep it functioning. You may have heard about some of the hormones in relation to fat storing/burning; insulin, glucagon, ghrelin, leptin, adrenalin, growth hormone, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone. The last three are your sex hormones, a backed up liver can ruin your sex life! Now have I got your attention.
In addition to this, a backed up liver causes two main problems
- Estrogen dominence - Estrogen is a hormone vital for your menstrual cycle forming the lining of the uterus during the first part of your cycle. It gives you your womanly bits during puberty, and helps keep your bones strong. However, sometimes levels of estrogen are too high, we call this estrogen dominance. One of the effects of this are increased fat storage on the thighs, hips, chest and upper arms. Hands up if this is you? When estrogen is too high, it is processed through the liver and excreted out through, well you know the rest. But if your liver is backed up (or you aren't regular on the toilet) you can start to store more fat in the above areas!
- Thyroid disruption - Your thyroid controls your metabolism, or how many calories you burn each day. You may have the heard the reason (excuse in some cases) that "the reason I am fat is I have a slow metabolism/underactive thyroid!" Your thyroid has to convert a hormone called T4 to one called T3, basically inactive to active. Sixty percent of that conversion occurs in your LIVER! Having a backed up liver causes your thyroid to become sluggish and slow down your metabolism. A sluggish Thyroid then slows down your Liver, and the effects compound.
So how can i reduce my toxin level?
Here are my top ten tips to reduce levels of toxins:
Once i make these changes is there any point detoxing?
Now you have the healthy behaviours, feel free to use the detox below. As mentioned before it costs about £10 for the full 3 days. And the only person you are paying is the shop owner for the food! Although if you want to donate some money to me for the advice I won't say no hehe!
2 litres of water with added lemon and ginger
Up to 4 litres of additional filtered or bottled water
In addition to this:
- Don't exercise - you won't have the energy from the lack of calories
- Get lots of sleep - now is the time for rest and relaxation
- Have hot baths and saunas - sweat helps the removal of toxins
- Go for leisurely walks - to keep your body moving but keep it relaxed
After day 3, go back to your healthy eating but make sure you overeat. You can treat yourself to a cheat meal too, but only for one day! Don’t drag this out over two or more otherwise your body will get clogged up again!
And that is the truth about detoxes. If you have any questions as always get in touch! But please promise me not to waste your money on expensive detoxes, the only pounds you'll lose in the end are from your wallet!